Junior Member

Default need help

hi there,

hope all are good, well i am enclosing one of my file as i need help to complete that file. there are two sheets called "electrical" "daily sheet".

right now i am getting data via data validation and everything is working fine, in that file i fetch data from electrical sheet but when i try to get data from column called "location" in sheet "electrical" i cant get any results it says "#NA" however the file right now you can see is working fine..

any idea any help?

regards
Attached Files
File Type: zip Copy of Electrical PARTS.zip (9.4 KB, 61 views)
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmag View Post
hi there,

hope all are good, well i am enclosing one of my file as i need help to complete that file. there are two sheets called "electrical" "daily sheet".

right now i am getting data via data validation and everything is working fine, in that file i fetch data from electrical sheet but when i try to get data from column called "location" in sheet "electrical" i cant get any results it says "#NA" however the file right now you can see is working fine..

any idea any help?

regards
Hi,

We would need to see the file when it's not working rather than when it is.
Could you attach a version with the #N/A result in it?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi,

We would need to see the file when it's not working rather than when it is.
Could you attach a version with the #N/A result in it?
hi thanks for your reply,

through column name "S.No" at sheet "electrical" i can get items info on sheet "daily sheet" but i wont be able to get the same data via column name "location" at sheet "electrical" on sheet "daily sheet"....

i want to find the items via location rather than s.no..... actually it says "#REF" than "#N/A" any idea any help?

file attached...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Copy of Electrical PARTS.zip (13.0 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by djmag : January 19th 13 at 06:36 AM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmag View Post
hi thanks for your reply,

through column name "S.No" at sheet "electrical" i can get items info on sheet "daily sheet" but i wont be able to get the same data via column name "location" at sheet "electrical" on sheet "daily sheet"....

i want to find the items via location rather than s.no..... actually it says "#REF" than "#N/A" any idea any help?

file attached...
The REF error you're seeing is because the range of cells your VLOOKUP was referring to have been deleted from the workbook.

If you're looking to use the "Location" rather than the "S.No" to look up values then you cannot use VLOOKUP as you have some values to the left of the reference value (Location).

What you can use is INDEX & MATCH.

Have a look at the attached. In row 13 I've added INDEX & MATCH formulas that do what I think you mean.

Let me know if I've misunderstood.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Copy of Electrical PARTS.zip (13.5 KB, 59 views)