Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Every cell has a page break?!?!

Someone at my office had a file that when opened. (Excel 2007) would show
every cell with page breaks showing hidden lines around every cell. Couldn't
figure out out to remove the breaks. It wouldn't allow you to remove them. If
you hit print preview it would say something like 1 to 4000 pages. Is there a
simple fix for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

tried that. the lines go away but it still wants to print each cell
separately and will not let you remove the page breaks.

"Pokey" wrote:

You should be able to go to view and hit normal right above page break preview.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One of my collegues had the same thing happen, although it was on excel
2003. He changed printer and it was fine. It seemed to be a temporary
problem with the connection to one printer.
Barbara

"Garyntx" wrote in message
Someone at my office had a file that when opened. (Excel 2007) would show
every cell with page breaks showing hidden lines around every cell.
Couldn't
figure out out to remove the breaks. It wouldn't allow you to remove them.
If
you hit print preview it would say something like 1 to 4000 pages. Is
there a
simple fix for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right-click the sheet tab and select "View Code"

Paste this macro in:
Private Sub fixbreaks()
ActiveSheet.ResetAllPageBreaks
End Sub

Hit the green play button.
Ctrl+A to select the entire macro, then hit the Delete key.
Alt+Q to get out of the macro editing window.

That should take care of it.
--
Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.

"Pokey" wrote:

You should be able to go to view and hit normal right above page break preview.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Right-click the sheet tab and select "View Code"Paste this macro

THIS WORKED, BUT WHEN I CLICKED ON 'VIEW CODE' & PUT BOX ON "WORKSHEET" INSTEAD OF "GENERAL", I GOT THE FOLLOWING:

"Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

End Sub"

I HAD TO DELETE THE ABOVE "" SO THE ONLY THING ON PAGE WAS THE MACRO ITSELF.

WOULD NOT WORK OTHERWISE.
did this:

1. PRESS "VIEW CODE"
2. PUT WORD IN BOX TO "WORKSHEET"
3. DELETE "PRIVATE SUB WORKSHEET_ ETC. (ABOVE "")
4. COPY MACRO & PASTE IT, SO THAT MACRO IS THE ONLY THING ON THE PAGE.
then continue as indicated:
5. Hit the green play button.

On Wednesday, December 30, 2009 4:14 PM Garyntx wrote:

Someone at my office had a file that when opened. (Excel 2007) would show
every cell with page breaks showing hidden lines around every cell. Couldn't
figure out out to remove the breaks. It would not allow you to remove them. If

On Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:22 PM KChotmail com wrote:

Right-click the sheet tab and select "View Code"

Paste this macro in:
Private Sub fixbreaks()
ActiveSheet.ResetAllPageBreaks
End Sub

Hit the green play button.
Ctrl+A to select the entire macro, then hit the Delete key.
Alt+Q to get out of the macro editing window.

That should take care of it.
--
Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.

"Garyntx" wrote:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Profiling and Optimizing VBA
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...izing-vba.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Right-click the sheet tab and select "View Code"Paste this macro in:Private

Suggestion............do not place macros in the sheet module.

Place instead in a General or Standard module.

Leave the sheet modules for event code like

your event code here
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Garyntx" wrote:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Profiling and Optimizing VBA
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...izing-vba.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thursday, December 31, 2009 5:14:01 AM UTC+8, Garyntx wrote:
Someone at my office had a file that when opened. (Excel 2007) would show
every cell with page breaks showing hidden lines around every cell. Couldn't
figure out out to remove the breaks. It wouldn't allow you to remove them. If
you hit print preview it would say something like 1 to 4000 pages. Is there a
simple fix for this?

just meet the same problem, and change for another printer works for my case

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, 30 December 2009 21:14:01 UTC, Garyntx wrote:
Someone at my office had a file that when opened. (Excel 2007) would show
every cell with page breaks showing hidden lines around every cell. Couldn't
figure out out to remove the breaks. It wouldn't allow you to remove them. If
you hit print preview it would say something like 1 to 4000 pages. Is there a
simple fix for this?

Macro's worked once, but the problem came back again.

I just printed the excel document as an PDF and printed it that way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 11:14:01 PM UTC+2, Garyntx wrote:
Someone at my office had a file that when opened. (Excel 2007) would show
every cell with page breaks showing hidden lines around every cell. Couldn't
figure out out to remove the breaks. It wouldn't allow you to remove them. If
you hit print preview it would say something like 1 to 4000 pages. Is there a
simple fix for this?

I think this is printer related, I have the same experience whereby every cell becomes a page. This only happens when I try to print to a particular printer while on a different printer I can print just fine.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I selected another printer and hit back, and it worked! Thank you! I was using a label printer earlier, so it was reading every cell as a page so it could fit on the label!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Garyntx" wrote in message
Someone at my office had a file that when opened. (Excel 2007) would show
every cell with page breaks showing hidden lines around every cell.
Couldn't
figure out out to remove the breaks. It wouldn't allow you to remove them.
If
you hit print preview it would say something like 1 to 4000 pages. Is
there a
simple fix for this?

Thank you. This was it!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excellent. It worked by simply closing the .exe and reopening the file.

No no! It's much simpler than anything I've read here... Save and close down Excel completely. When you reopen it, it will be back to normal. :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Garyntx" wrote in message
Someone at my office had a file that when opened. (Excel 2007) would show
every cell with page breaks showing hidden lines around every cell.
Couldn't
figure out out to remove the breaks. It wouldn't allow you to remove them.
If
you hit print preview it would say something like 1 to 4000 pages. Is
there a
simple fix for this?

You are a saint!!!! Thank you. I was losing my mind!!!