Junior Member

Default How can I copy data produced by a formula, not the formula?

My worksheet has a column#3 of the number of days, produced by subtracting date in column1 from date in column2. Some on this forum helped me with getting this done. The column contains about 30 rows, and shows as a number representing the number of days. I want to use the data here in Column3 to determine the interest on a loan made for each of these dates. When I try to use the loan amount for each date times a column of daily interest amount, .005/365, times the number of days column, the result shows as a date. How do I make the number of days showing from this column3 available to use in my calculation? What do I do to copy the data, not the formula? Thanks so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Sun, 5 May 2013 21:04:27 +0100, JBrewster wrote:

My worksheet has a column#3 of the number of days, produced by
subtracting date in column1 from date in column2. Some on this forum
helped me with getting this done. The column contains about 30 rows,
and shows as a number representing the number of days. I want to use
the data here in Column3 to determine the interest on a loan made for
each of these dates. When I try to use the loan amount for each date
times a column of daily interest amount, .005/365, times the number of
days column, the result shows as a date. How do I make the number of
days showing from this column3 available to use in my calculation? What
do I do to copy the data, not the formula? Thanks so much.

Highlight the source cell, Ctrl-C to copy. Click into the
destination ell, Alt-E, S, V for edit/paste special/values.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
Junior Member

Thank you very much. I am gateful.