Junior Member

Default Conditional Formatting

Hello

I'm having a bit of trouble with conditional formatting in excel, but I'm not sure I am going about it the right way.

The first condition I am using is to turn the date red and bold if the date is over 70 days.

=TODAY()-D670

The trouble I am having is getting the date, in D6 to go back to a black font, once text is entered in another cell, say G6 for example.

Is it possible to do this with conditional formatting.

Thank you for any help you can provide
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Chris,

Am Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:29:51 +0000 schrieb ChrisG77:

The first condition I am using is to turn the date red and bold if the
date is over 70 days.

=TODAY()-D670

The trouble I am having is getting the date, in D6 to go back to a black
font, once text is entered in another cell, say G6 for example.

try:
=AND(TODAY()-D670,LEN(G6)=0)

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi Chris,

Am Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:29:51 +0000 schrieb ChrisG77:

The first condition I am using is to turn the date red and bold if the
date is over 70 days.

=TODAY()-D670

The trouble I am having is getting the date, in D6 to go back to a black
font, once text is entered in another cell, say G6 for example.

try:
=AND(TODAY()-D670,LEN(G6)=0)

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Hi Claus

Great, that works perfectly. Thank you for your help and quick response.