Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Ben Ben is offline

Default When excel opens..

With Excel 2002 open, click on 'Tools'
Then click 'Options'
Among the tabs along the top, click on the 'View' tab
Place a checkmark in the box for 'Startup Task Pane'

This should place the New Workbook box along the right-hand side of the
window. It could also show one of these following windows:
- Clipboard
- Insert Clip Art

If so, then click on the drop down arrow next to the name of the window and
change it to the one you prefer.

"Wald1907" wrote:

how do you get the window that shows your recent documents and other options (like 'new') to automatically be there when it opens. Mine flashes for a second then my Book1 opens and that's it.

I am using Windows Xp Professional with Excel 2002 I beleive.

Thanks so much!