Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Customise error bars on individual bars in a bar chart 2007

I posted this question a couple of days ago but it there seems to be an issue
with the MS notification system and I can't access the answer that someone
posted for me.

I want to allocate individual values for error bars in a bar chart, I'm
using Excel 2007. There is a customise option but the values you select apply
to all bars on the chart. As the bars in my charts are a mean value in
themselves, I want to show the error applicable to that bar.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Jon,

I found your response to the question I asked a couple of days ago, thank
you. However I can't seem to make the solution work? Sorry for being dense
but I still seem to get the same size error bar for each bar on the chart
instead of a customised error bar for each bar.

"Millie" wrote:

I posted this question a couple of days ago but it there seems to be an issue
with the MS notification system and I can't access the answer that someone
posted for me.

I want to allocate individual values for error bars in a bar chart, I'm
using Excel 2007. There is a customise option but the values you select apply
to all bars on the chart. As the bars in my charts are a mean value in
themselves, I want to show the error applicable to that bar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The range you select has to have one error bar value for each point. So if
the data consists of five cells of data, the error bar values must also come
from a five cell range. Also, you need to include both positive and negative
ranges for the custom error bar values, or enter a zero for the values you
want to leave blank. This is a glitch in 2007; Excel understood when you
entered nothing that you wanted no corresponding error bars.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______