Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
SSF SSF is offline

Default bar chart

How do I shorten the length of the distance between bars in a chart without
comprimising the width of the bars? If I squeeze the entire chart box, the
bars become smaller, which I don't want to do. Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Select the series, press Ctrl+1 (numeral one) to format it. In 2003 and
earlier, click on the Options tab, in 2007 look on the first tab. Change gap
width (the space between bars) from default 150 (in % of width of one bar)
to a smaller number. 50 looks good in many cases.

If you have a date scale axis, and one data point per week, this won't help
much, because you have one point and six gaps per week. You can change to a
category type axis, so one date has one bar, and dates without data don't
appear.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______