Bill

Default I am unable to edit a comment in excel

I have inserted comments in numerous cells on an excel spreadsheet and have
always been able to edit and insert new information, NOW I can no longer edit
any cell that has a comment inserted.
I can still insert new comments in an empty cell and edit them.

Bill

Leif
No, I still have the same problem, I have asked various so called experts,
but to no avail.
I am glad that you replied I thought that it was me.

Rgds

Bill

"Bill" wrote:

I have inserted comments in numerous cells on an excel spreadsheet and have
always been able to edit and insert new information, NOW I can no longer edit
any cell that has a comment inserted.
I can still insert new comments in an empty cell and edit them.

Debra Dalgleish

If the workbook is shared (ToolsShare Workbook), you can only edit
comments that you have added since the file was last saved.

You can delete the existing comment (EditClearComments), and insert a
new one.

Could that be the problem?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Bill

Yes it would create a problem, I can edit by right clicking the cell scroll
down to "show/hide comments" the comment box is then open and I can edit,
when I finnish I then have to go back to "show/hide comments" and close the
box which is just to long, it is much quicker to go to insert and click on
"edit comment".

"Bill" wrote:

I have inserted comments in numerous cells on an excel spreadsheet and have
always been able to edit and insert new information, NOW I can no longer edit
any cell that has a comment inserted.
I can still insert new comments in an empty cell and edit them.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Junior Member

Post

I am having the same problem as Debra. And Bills workaround works for me too. The sheet is not protected nor share.

DOES ANYONE HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM?
shift + f2 does not work when trying to edit existing excel comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif View Post