#1   Report Post  

Default Stop Book1 Opening

Excel 2010

Whenever I double click a file icon/name to open it, Excel opens it along with Book1. I hate this - I just want the single file to open.

To make it more frustrating, when I close the file I wanted, I then have to close Book1, then I can finally close Excel. I don't want to have to close *both* files, then the application when I click the upper right red X. I want everything to close at once without having to close each one separately.

I have searched for and deleted Book1.xls from XLSTART in the program files directory and also in the docs & settings folder, but this keeps happening.

I also tried, "E:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 2010\Office14\EXCEL.EXE" /e but that icon still brings up the Book1 file.

I went from using office 2000 to this 2010, and boy, I can't stand this automatic everything, MS tries to think for me crap! Grrrrrrrrr

Thanks,
Dobermann

Last edited by Dobermann : September 2nd 10 at 10:55 AM