Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Creating Pie Chart

I am new to creating charts. I have a worksheet with 12 budgets
(vertically). For each month's budget, I want to create a pie chart but have
no clue how to.

The categories (Credit Card, Ins-Life, Ins-Auto, Taxes, etc) are in column
A. The amount for each line item is in column J. The range is from row 6 to
row 55.

I am not familiar with what the terminology is refering to. I don't know
what Data Range is referencing (categories or amount?).

I want to have a pie chart group all the likes together for a total amount
spent.

I appreciate your help and direction on what I need to do.

Thanks,
Les
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Select the cells in column A. Then, hold down the CTRL key and select the
cells in the column containing the data. In Excel 2007, click the Insert tab
(if not already active) | appropriate chart button. In earlier versions of
Excel, click the Chart Wizard button.
--
Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com

"WLMPilot" wrote:

I am new to creating charts. I have a worksheet with 12 budgets
(vertically). For each month's budget, I want to create a pie chart but have
no clue how to.

The categories (Credit Card, Ins-Life, Ins-Auto, Taxes, etc) are in column
A. The amount for each line item is in column J. The range is from row 6 to
row 55.

I am not familiar with what the terminology is refering to. I don't know
what Data Range is referencing (categories or amount?).

I want to have a pie chart group all the likes together for a total amount
spent.

I appreciate your help and direction on what I need to do.

Thanks,
Les

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for your help. Now I have another problem.

The chart is created. However, my data contains categories that are
duplicates. Example: CC (credit card) is listed four times for four
different credit cards that are paid within each month. The pie chart list
each CC individually instead of as a total for CC. How can I get the total
for each CC?

Les