Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Lock information

I have created a form template
I want to lock all the cells that already have information in them,
but leave the blank ones available for the user to enter and edit
information.
is this possible?

--
slaga
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Possible.....yes.

By default when you protect the sheet under ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet, asll
cells are locked.

If not too many cells with data in them, you can lock them and leave all others
unlocked.

CTRL + a(twice in 2003) to select all cells.

FormatCellsProperties. Uncheck "locked" and OK

Select the cells with data and Format them to "locked".

Now protect the sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP