Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel disappearing text in formula bar

I have this issue: No cell protection of any kind, yet formulas are
not appearing in my formula bar. The cursor would appear at the end of the
invisible text, and if I hit "space" in the formula bar, the whole
string appeared, temporarily. I don't have this issue in the other files (if I copy sheet to a different file the problem disappears too).

how to make the text visible again?