Junior Member

Default Regression Analysis on Excel

Hi,

I need to perform a regression analysis on three different stock quotes in order to identify a potential trend and future prices. I have past price information for all of them, I simply do not know how to perform the specific statistics fictions on excel. I have installed the "data analysis" tool on excel, and have been able to generate accurate correlations between them. But, I need something that will allow me to determine future prices based on movements (percent change) of these three stocks compared to each other. Excel is, what I think, the best way to do this.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks! :D
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Arce View Post
Hi,

I need to perform a regression analysis on three different stock quotes in order to identify a potential trend and future prices. I have past price information for all of them, I simply do not know how to perform the specific statistics fictions on excel. I have installed the "data analysis" tool on excel, and have been able to generate accurate correlations between them. But, I need something that will allow me to determine future prices based on movements (percent change) of these three stocks compared to each other. Excel is, what I think, the best way to do this.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks! :D
Hi Andrew,

The link below gives some information on how to perform regression analysis.

If you want instant help, it might be an idea to attach some sample data that we can have a look at.