LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  

Default Regression Analysis on Excel

Hi,

I need to perform a regression analysis on three different stock quotes in order to identify a potential trend and future prices. I have past price information for all of them, I simply do not know how to perform the specific statistics fictions on excel. I have installed the "data analysis" tool on excel, and have been able to generate accurate correlations between them. But, I need something that will allow me to determine future prices based on movements (percent change) of these three stocks compared to each other. Excel is, what I think, the best way to do this.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks! :D
  #2   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Arce View Post
Hi,

I need to perform a regression analysis on three different stock quotes in order to identify a potential trend and future prices. I have past price information for all of them, I simply do not know how to perform the specific statistics fictions on excel. I have installed the "data analysis" tool on excel, and have been able to generate accurate correlations between them. But, I need something that will allow me to determine future prices based on movements (percent change) of these three stocks compared to each other. Excel is, what I think, the best way to do this.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks! :D
Hi Andrew,

The link below gives some information on how to perform regression analysis.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...001111963.aspx

If you want instant help, it might be an idea to attach some sample data that we can have a look at.