Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel file repair

Looking for information on the following:
spreadsheet with VBA macros and active-x objects fails on save or open. File
repair always shows Lost Visual Basic project and Lost ActiveX controls which
of course losed all the macros and makes the worksheet unusable.

happens most often when macro changed, but does not happen on every change.

Have base (unfailing version of worksheet) copy it and make VBA macro
change. Save change copy. My fail on save, may fail on next open, may not
fail at all or until another VBA macro change is made. Have rebuilt workbook
and active-x object from scratch and imported Module and classes. Seemed to
have resolved issue until recent change.

Sure could use some help with this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't have a guess what you should do next, but I'd consider using controls
from the Forms toolbar (in place of those controls from the control toolbox
toolbar). The Forms toolbar controls seem to behave better.

Well, maybe one guess...

Keep your windows temp folder clean.

close excel (and any other running application)
windows start button|Run
%temp%

And delete as much as you can.

--