Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Alphabetical Physicians Rotation Roster for Unplanned Leaves

I work in a hospital setting. The doctor I work for has asked me to come up
with an alphabetical roational roster for the doctors to provide coverage
when one of them calls in sick. I have 8 doctors names to work with. The
suggested plan would be that the first physician on list would be called for
coverage, if that physician is not there, the second physician on the list
would be called, and so on until someone is reached. Subsequently, if there
is another unplanned absence the following day, the seond physician in the
list would be contacted first to provide coverage for the absence. The
process being that the first doctor on the list is not always called first to
provide unplanned coverage. Im not sure how to develop such a roster, as
well as being able to keep track of what doctor provided coverage last. Can
someone help me? Please make it a simple process? Thanks Pearl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've had to do something similar before, the best way (most fair) is to sort
by name second. First make and sory by a column counting how many times they
came in, that way the people who have come in the least are up first, when
its a tie, alphabetical takes over.
--
-John
is helpful.