Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Transfer data from one workbook to another workbook resident inNetwork, based on Date Filters

Hi

I have a workbook RawData.xlsx in my D: Drive, containing a worksheet
"Data" which gets populated date-wise basis. It is quite a large datasheet as it contains data from 5 years ago till present and having 60 columns. The first column is the Date Field.

I would like to transfer this data to another workbook FinalData.xlsx having a worksheet "Data" which has the same field names as that of the original worksheet of RawData.xlsx.

There are two issues that I am clueless about:

First, this FinalData.xlsx is resident on a network computer (Computer name : Quality) under its D: Drive. So How will I be able to set the target path

Secondly each time I save the RawData.xlsx workbook, I would want to transfer those data that are 30 days old till date, from the RawData.xlsx workbook to the FinalData.xlsx workbook

I would be glad if i could get help on how to write the code for this program.

Thanks for the help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I have a workbook RawData.xlsx in my D: Drive, containing a worksheet
"Data" which gets populated date-wise basis. It is quite a large
datasheet as it contains data from 5 years ago till present and
having 60 columns. The first column is the Date Field.

I would like to transfer this data to another workbook FinalData.xlsx
having a worksheet "Data" which has the same field names as that of
the original worksheet of RawData.xlsx.

There are two issues that I am clueless about:

First, this FinalData.xlsx is resident on a network computer
(Computer name : Quality) under its D: Drive. So How will I be able
to set the target path

Have a look at how to use GetOpenFilename() OR GetSaveAsFilename()
functions.

Secondly each time I save the RawData.xlsx workbook, I would want to
transfer those data that are 30 days old till date, from the
RawData.xlsx workbook to the FinalData.xlsx workbook

How will you 'flag' data already written to target xls? Are you
actually transfering OR just copying?

Perhaps ADODB is the way to go. Here's a good start...

http://www.appspro.com/conference/Da...rogramming.zip

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 7:59:47 PM UTC+5:30, shriil wrote:
[...]

Yes. that is another issue . Only that data which is 30 days old till date will be copied and pasted in the FinalData.xls. So that means that the program will need to flag from which row in the FinalData.xls will the data be overwritten.

Any help on this ? Thanks