Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programatically changing the macro content.

Hi everybody,
is possible to change Excel macro content by another macro?
I often use to copy and paste some code samples from PDF files and there is a problem with quotation marks and the apostrophe. These chars are different in PDF and pasting them into the module causes the problem running such sample.
So now I have to paste it to Word first, where I made simple Replace macro but would be much better to do it directly in Excel module.

Thanka in advance for help

Archidamos

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi everybody,
is possible to change Excel macro content by another macro?
I often use to copy and paste some code samples from PDF files and
there is a problem with quotation marks and the apostrophe. These
chars are different in PDF and pasting them into the module causes
the problem running such sample. So now I have to paste it to Word
first, where I made simple Replace macro but would be much better to
do it directly in Excel module.

Thanka in advance for help

Archidamos

The apostrophe denotes a comment, which is not executable. Quotes
denote the value between them is a string. Both of these a valid in
code so if you're having trouble with copy/paste from anywhere then
you're doing it wrong when it generates an error!

Post the problem code from the PDF that you say errors out so we can
see what you're talking about. Better yet, post a download link to the
PDF file so we see it in its entire context!!!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc