Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel Personal.xlsb file shows up all the time with new spreadsheets

I am using Excel 2007. I wrote a vba macro for just my computer. Now
when I open a new file,
the title in the title bar is "personal.xlsb". How do I go back to
having "sheet1, sheet2, and sheet 3" as the
three tabs in the bottom, instead of being called "personal.xlsb".
Please advise.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O[_3_] View Post
I am using Excel 2007. I wrote a vba macro for just my computer. Now
when I open a new file,
the title in the title bar is "personal.xlsb". How do I go back to
having "sheet1, sheet2, and sheet 3" as the
three tabs in the bottom, instead of being called "personal.xlsb".
Please advise.
The "personal.xlsb" workbook will open each time you open Excel, unless there are no macros in it.

As far as I'm aware, your choices are delete the macro if you're no longer using it or hide the personal.xlsb workbook so you don't notice it open.

I tend to use the second approach as I find the macros handy to have available regardless of what I'm working on.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

When you wrote the macro you stored it in Personal Macro Workbook.

This workbook opens with Excel and is useful so your macros are
available for all open workbooks.

Hide Personal.xlsb under ViewHide then close Excel............you
will be asked if you want to save changes to
Personal.xlsb..........YES you do want to save.

From now on it will open hidden but your macros will be available
under ViewMacros

More info in Help on this subject.

Gord