Wraith Daquell

Default How do I show all the contents of a cell?

I have a cell that has possibly thousands of characters. I've merged it with
about twenty other cells, but even though there is more than enough room to
spare, it still truncates my text at a given point. I've tried every setting
I know how, but it won't show the rest of my text. I can't add a textbox or
something like that (this is not my spreadsheet). Anybody have a suggestion?
Thanks.
--
Wraith Daquell
....there is only one Daquell.
Peo Sjoblom

1. Never use merged cells, it will usually create problems.
2. A cell can display up to 1024 characters (it can be overcome somewhat by
using a lot of alt + enter in the cell but not that many more), regardles if
you merge 200 cells that won't change.. What's in merged cells will always be
the uppermost left cell within the merged range. So use one cell only and
between each line put alt + enter, that way you might get some more
characters

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Wraith Daquell" wrote:

I have a cell that has possibly thousands of characters. I've merged it with
about twenty other cells, but even though there is more than enough room to
spare, it still truncates my text at a given point. I've tried every setting
I know how, but it won't show the rest of my text. I can't add a textbox or
something like that (this is not my spreadsheet). Anybody have a suggestion?
Thanks.
--
Wraith Daquell
...there is only one Daquell.

CyberTaz

Hello-

Maybe this will help:

Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a
cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.

Good Luck|:)