Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Why does Office 2007 keep wanting to reinstall when clicking Help

Hi. When I try to use the Help features in Office 2007 the software wants to
reinstall/configure. I had Home and Student first, then purchased Enterprise
and custom installed Publisher and Access (they are not in Home and Student),
and since then I can't use Help in either. I have reinstalled several times
and tried everything I can think of but no luck. Would love some help. Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Ben Ben is offline

First thing to try would be downloading the latest updates for the Help files
and see if this resolves this issue. This link contains information on how
to do this from Windows Start menu, and includes links to download each
applications specific help file individually if you want to do it that way.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...882051033.aspx

The second thing to try if that doesn't work is to completely uninstall the
Office 2007 Suite using Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features
(Vista). Make sure to check each screen and delete everything possible.
Then download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from the link
in the middle of this page (In the 'Summary' section)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us

After making sure no MS Office 2007 components appear in the Cleanup
Utility, reboot the computer.

After rebooting, try reinstalling Office 2007 again. Hope that helps.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary