Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table loses Data Connection

Hello,

Yesterday, I created a pivot table, using a Data Connection to an external
data source. At the end of the day, I saved my work and shut down. Today,
when I open the workbook, the spreadsheets all look the same, but the cells
that make up the pivot tables don't pull up the options panes when I make
them the active cells. And if I double-click on one of the cell sin the
pivot table, I get the following error:

The connection for theis PivotTable has been deleted.

Well, if I open up the connections dialog, the connection is listed there.
But the pivot table seems to think that its connection is missing. So... How
do I reattach the pivot table to the connection? I can't seem to get into
the pivot table's 'options' dialog. In fact, except for that single error
message, Excel doesn't seem to recognize my pivot table as a PivotTable, at
all.

Thanks,
Scott