Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default file path changes when emailed

For the footers on my excel documents, I am requried to include the complete
file path.

When I email the docs to another user, the file path changes. This creates
a problem when I email the docs to the copy center to have them printed. The
temp file location appears and not the original location that our users need
to see at the bottom of the docs.

How can I lock the file location so it doesn't change when emailed?

thanks in advance, jane?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi jane,

The changing filepath is doing what it should - showing where the file is being opened from. If you want the details to remain
static, you'll need to replace the filepath code with the string of your choice.

--
Cheers
macropod