Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How make 7 recent Excel files appear on Excel2003 list?

Only 4 recent files come up on my new Excel2003 program. In Excel1997 I was
able to configure it to 7, or 10, or whatever I wanted. How do I change the
default number of files?

I had seen some sort of Microsoft Office hint about "options" tab but don't
think I was able to find the "options" tab.

Can anyone tell me, from what screen, I should do A, then B, then C, etc?

Thanks in advance -- Amy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsOptionsGeneral.

You can set the Recently Used File list to a maximum of 9.

Excel 97 also had a maximum of 9 so "10 or whatever I wanted" was not possible.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP