Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel 2007 change column labels from numbers to letters

I am working in Excel 2007. Currently the column labels are showing up as
numbers naming cells as R1C1 etc. I'd much rather use letters for the
column labels so the cells will be the usual A1, B2 etc. I've searched the
help menus and have been unable to find out how to do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Office ButtonExcel Options

On the Formulas tab check or uncheck R1C1 reference................

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Victoriah" wrote in message ...
I am working in Excel 2007. Currently the column labels are showing up as
numbers naming cells as R1C1 etc. I'd much rather use letters for the
column labels so the cells will be the usual A1, B2 etc. I've searched the
help menus and have been unable to find out how to do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Ron

I am having same problem and I read your reply and can't fiure out what you
mean. Can you help me too?

Susan

"Victoriah" wrote in message ...
I am working in Excel 2007. Currently the column labels are showing up as
numbers naming cells as R1C1 etc. I'd much rather use letters for the
column labels so the cells will be the usual A1, B2 etc. I've searched the
help menus and have been unable to find out how to do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi Susan

The Office Button is the big round circle next to the Home tab on the ribbon.
Click on it and you see a "Excel Options" button.

Click on Formulas and uncheck the R1C1 option in the "working with formulas" section

--

"Victoriah" wrote in message ...
I am working in Excel 2007. Currently the column labels are showing up as
numbers naming cells as R1C1 etc. I'd much rather use letters for the
column labels so the cells will be the usual A1, B2 etc. I've searched the
help menus and have been unable to find out how to do this.

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriah View Post
I am working in Excel 2007. Currently the column labels are showing up as
numbers naming cells as R1C1 etc. I'd much rather use letters for the
column labels so the cells will be the usual A1, B2 etc. I've searched the
help menus and have been unable to find out how to do this.

I have attached scren shot so that, it will give an idea where about R1C1 formula reference.

all the best
Attached Images

Thanks
Bala