Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Do not print one cell question?

I have my worksheet protected so only certain cells can be selected. I will
send this worksheet to others to collect data and send the information back
to me on the same worksheet. In some cases, people will not use the form
within Excel and will print the form. When the Excel worksheet is printed I
want it to not print one cell. This cell is calucalated automatically within
Excel and I don't want people making an attempt at the calculation. Is there
a way print the worksheet/form and not print the one cell?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi,

I'm not sure what you want, but you can select the cell (when its not
protected) and choose Format, Cells, Custom on the Number tab and on the
Code line enter ;;; (three semi-colons)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
Microsoft Excel MVP

"LiveUser" wrote in message
I have my worksheet protected so only certain cells can be selected. I
will
send this worksheet to others to collect data and send the information
back
to me on the same worksheet. In some cases, people will not use the form
within Excel and will print the form. When the Excel worksheet is printed
want it to not print one cell. This cell is calucalated automatically
within
Excel and I don't want people making an attempt at the calculation. Is
there
a way print the worksheet/form and not print the one cell?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Try it. You'll notice immediately what it accomplishes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"LiveUser" wrote in message
I have my worksheet protected so only certain cells can be selected. I
will
send this worksheet to others to collect data and send the information
back
to me on the same worksheet. In some cases, people will not use the form
within Excel and will print the form. When the Excel worksheet is printed
want it to not print one cell. This cell is calucalated automatically
within
Excel and I don't want people making an attempt at the calculation. Is
there
a way print the worksheet/form and not print the one cell?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

And to add to Gord's "try it, you'll like it" <bg response...

Number formatting consists of 4 parts:
postives;negatives;zero;text

Try (again!) this custom format on a test cell:
\a;\b;\c;\d

Then type in a postive number and hit enter. Then a negative number; then 0;
then text.

Watch what's displayed in the cell each time you hit enter.

And
;;;
(means that there's nothing for each of the four pieces to show)

--

Dave Peterson