Junior Member

Smile how to increment sheets in an excel formula with auto fill

Hi there,
Hoping someone may be able to assist me with my issue, I just can't workout what to do here.

I have a Workbook with approximately 30 sheets all with different names, for example:
Sheet1 is named "2013", Sheet2 named "DAY 1", Sheet3 "DAY2"...

On the sheet named "2013" in cell B4, I wish to reference a cell F27 on the sheet named "DAY 1". Then I wish to be able to auto fill across the page so that the referenced cell remains the same, however the sheet increments to "DAY2", then "DAY3" and so on.

So far I have used
='DAY 1'!$F$27

However the issue is, that the sheet does not increment from 'DAY 1' to DAY 2' then 'DAY 3' respectively with auto fill. I am able to manually change the entry from 'DAY 1' to 'DAY 2', however I may as well jut manually enter value from cell F27 on each sheet. Surely there is a formula to automate this?

Does some one have a solution to my problem? I have never used INDIRECT function, and have tried to apply different examples, however always results in a #REF error.

Assistance is greatly appreciated

Last edited by RC2902 : March 14th 13 at 11:33 PM Reason: More info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default how to increment sheets in an excel formula with auto fill

Use INDIRECT function

=INDIRECT("DAY" & (COLUMN()-1) & "!F27")

entered in B4 then dragged across

Gord

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 22:24:35 +0000, RC2902
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

wrote:

[...]

Is there a way to use the INDIRECT function to increase a reference incrementally when a new sheet is created?

Like a cell in Sheet 1 references SheetMainA4, have the same cell in Sheet 2 reference SheetMain B4 etc?

I need to
Junior Member

Theo nghiên cứu của nhiều chuyên gia, với mỗi t*nh cách khác nhau, phụ nữ có t*nh cách khác nhau nên ham muốn tình dục khác nhau
Về cơ bản, mức độ ham muốn tình dục của phụ nữ có 4 cấp độ sau
<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna66SQMqHo" width="560"</iframe