Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert - Hyperlink - Recent Files - (How is this list populated)

I often insert hyperlinks into excel documents. It can be a bit of a pain to navigate to the specific files when setting up the hyperlink. However, often I get lucky and I find that if I Invoke

Insert
Hyperlink
Recent Files

€¦.I can find that the file I have (a) just been working on or (b) recently saved or (c) viewed or (d) whatever€¦€¦€¦is within the list of files shown in the small sub-window which presents for "Recent Files" in the "Insert Hyperlink" Pop-up box. It is often at the top of the list (however, having it within the list is useful regardless of it being at the top or not)

When a file is within this list, it obviates the need to browse for and find the file €“ that is pretty useful.

Can anyone tell me how to improve my luck? In other words, can you tell me how this list is actually populated?

By way of example, I created a file on my desktop (which appeared at the top of the above list). However I had moved the file into the proper subfolder in which I want it to filed.

When I placed the file in the above folder, I opened it and saved it in the hope it might improve the chances of the file appearing "Recent Files" list. No joy. I do note that the file I created on my desktop is in the list €“ however, I dont want to hyperlink to that because it is not there anymore. Anything I store on my desktop is temporary.

Regards

Gerry.