Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet Change event question

Hi. How might I apply a worksheet change event to the active cell? On
my worksheet, a user will enter a number in a cell (column B). I want
to make that current cell a hyperlink to an application (the app will
open and go to the entered number). The general hyperlink concept
works just fine, and I've looped through the column on my large
spreadsheet and applied the hyperlinks to existing numbers in column
B, but moving forward, I'd like for the hyperlink to automatically be
created after the user clicks enter or arrows right.

The problem is the worksheet change event sees the 'ActiveCell' as the
cell to the right or below the cell where the number was entered.

Is there another way to do this that I'm not seeing or thinking about?
Thanks for any ideas.

Frank
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Frank,

Am Tue, 01 Mar 2016 07:31:43 -0500 schrieb Phrank:

The problem is the worksheet change event sees the 'ActiveCell' as the
cell to the right or below the cell where the number was entered.

don't work with ActiveCell. Work with Target. Target is the cell that
has been changed.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 1 Mar 2016 13:34:18 +0100, Claus Busch
wrote:

Hi Frank,

Am Tue, 01 Mar 2016 07:31:43 -0500 schrieb Phrank:

The problem is the worksheet change event sees the 'ActiveCell' as the
cell to the right or below the cell where the number was entered.

don't work with ActiveCell. Work with Target. Target is the cell that
has been changed.

Regards
Claus B.

Oh, I did not realize that. Ok, I'll take a look. Thank you!

Frank
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:

Hi Frank,

Am Tue, 01 Mar 2016 07:31:43 -0500 schrieb Phrank:

The problem is the worksheet change event sees the 'ActiveCell' as the
cell to the right or below the cell where the number was entered.

don't work with ActiveCell. Work with Target. Target is the cell that
has been changed.

Regards
Claus B.

Hi again. Just wanted to follow up. That was so brilliantly simple.
I'm all set now. Thank you!

Frank