Junior Member

Default Trying to resize pictures in excel all to the same size

Hi All,

bit of a newbie to Excel, apologies if this has been asked before, tried searching but was not able to find an answer to it on the site. I have a bunch of pictures in one column (column c), I am trying to resize them all exactly to a height of 0.98 and width of 1.98. I tried selecting all of them then resizing in the size ribbon under picture tools however some of the pictures have the lock aspect ratio and relative to original picture size options ticked in size and properties. many thanks if you can help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Am Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:57:22 +0100 schrieb Nabeel K:

bit of a newbie to Excel, apologies if this has been asked before, tried
searching but was not able to find an answer to it on the site. I have a
bunch of pictures in one column (column c), I am trying to resize them
all exactly to a height of 0.98 and width of 1.98. I tried selecting all
of them then resizing in the size ribbon under picture tools however
some of the pictures have the lock aspect ratio and relative to original
picture size options ticked in size and properties. many thanks if you
can help

try:
Sub Pictures()
Dim shp As Shape

For Each shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
With shp
.Height = Application.CentimetersToPoints(0.98)
.Width = Application.CentimetersToPoints(1.98)
End With
Next
End Sub

If your standard for measurements are inches change it to:
InchesToPoints

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

Hi Claus,

appreciative for your prompt response,thank you. Still facing a problem tho with some of the pictures which have the lock aspect ratio and relative to original picture size option ticked. Either width or height have changed but not both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Am Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:19:11 +0100 schrieb Nabeel K:

appreciative for your prompt response,thank you. Still facing a problem
tho with some of the pictures which have the lock aspect ratio and
relative to original picture size option ticked. Either width or height
have changed but not both.

try:
Sub Pictures2()
Dim sr