Junior Member

Smile Deleting A COLUMN BY MACRO

HI all,

every month i geenrate reports. from ms-access i export the reports to excel. i have various colmns which i dont requier. i need to delete them manually.
the columns are random.
From A - Z columns the data is filled. most of the columns i dont requier. by using a macro can i deleted these unwanted columns.

how i can do this. my desk is full load of work.i am new to excel to.

can some one please help me in this regards.
i am great ful to all.

Thanks
VEN
Junior Member

Smile

;1604370]HI all,

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your reply. I need to generate the reports tweice a month. i export the reports from Ms-Access.

I need to delete the columns from the excel. same columns for all the reports i generate.
Random means.. the columns are not in order like col A, col B ..... first col A , THEN COL C OR COL K LIKE THAT..

I want to delete the columns with data which i dont need for my reports.

If you need any further details please let me know. i can post the sample columns as well.

Thank you,

every month i geenrate reports. from ms-access i export the reports to excel. i have various colmns which i dont requier. i need to delete them manually.
the columns are random.
From A - Z columns the data is filled. most of the columns i dont requier. by using a macro can i deleted these unwanted columns.

how i can do this. my desk is full load of work.i am new to excel to.

can some one please help me in this regards.
i am great ful to all.

Thanks
VENkata
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Deleting A COLUMN BY MACRO

On Sunday, August 5, 2012 5:38:53 PM UTC-4, satish_vemuri @ hotmail. com wrote:
HI all,

every month i geenrate reports. from ms-access i export the reports to

excel. i have various colmns which i dont requier. i need to delete them

manually.

the columns are random.

From A - Z columns the data is filled. most of the columns i dont

requier. by using a macro can i deleted these unwanted columns.

--

Hi
Your not replying to Ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Friday, August 10, 2012 8:54:25 AM UTC-4, Cimjet wrote:
On Sunday, August 5, 2012 5:38:53 PM UTC-4, satish_vemuri @ hotmail. com wrote:

HI all,

every month i geenrate reports. from ms-access i export the reports to

excel. i have various colmns which i dont requier. i need to delete them

manually.

the columns are random.

From A - Z columns the data is filled. most of the columns i dont

requier. by using a macro can i deleted these unwanted columns.

how i can do this. my desk is full load of work.i am new to excel to.

can some one please help me in this regards.

i am great ful to all.

Thanks

VEN

--

Hi

Your not replying to Ron

So this will delete columns, you can edit or add to it.

You could record a macro for what you want or we are not getting the question right.

A reply from you would be good

Regards

Cimjet

Forgot to post the code:
Sub DeleteColumn()
Range("A:A,C:C,E:E,H:H").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I wish we could edit are post but anyway, here is a one line that will do the same.
Sub DeleteColumn()
Range("A:A,C:C,E:E,H:H").Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
End Sub
Don't need to select the columns
Cimjet