(djn) Excel Not Updating Random Cells

Old May 18th 06, 05:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default (djn) Excel Not Updating Random Cells

We encountered a problem where Excel is not updating random cells. You can
edit the cell, verify the underlying formula, confirm the values linked to
the formula, but the cell won't update until you hit F2 and edit.

Has anyone else ever experienced this and if so, how can it be fixed? Thanks.
Old May 18th 06, 08:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My first guess is that you have calculation set to manual.

Tools|Options|calculation
is where you'd toggle this setting.

In some very rare instances, it hasn't been this setting.

I'd just select all the cells and use
edit|replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: = (equal sign)
replace all

It seems to wake up excel's recalculation engine.