Formatting a number to look like a Percent without a percent sign

Old September 15th 05, 06:18 PM
David Iacoponi

Default Formatting a number to look like a Percent without a percent sign

We often want a column of decimals to have a percent sign only on the first
number in the column, so:
..553
..554
(.345)
need to be formatted to look like
55.3%
55.4
(34.5)
where all the decimals align vertically. I can't figure out how to do this
without multiplying the second and third cells by 100, which is a bad
solution.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old September 15th 05, 06:33 PM
Mike

format custom 0.0

Old September 15th 05, 06:35 PM
Mike

And by the way, multiplying by 100 is the only solution for what you want.