Tool Bar Icons Disappearing

Old September 14th 05, 08:36 PM
John Wood

Default Tool Bar Icons Disappearing

I am trying to customize my tool bars by adding existing icons from the
custom list, not normally a problem.

Recently, I have tried to add the "Mail Recipient" icon. It shows on the
tool bar when in the customize mode but disappears when I close the customize
window.

Any Idea what is causing this? Excel 2002 SP2

John
Old September 14th 05, 09:52 PM
John Wood

Ron, good question. Under send to is lists a couple of options (Send to as
attachement, etc. ). I am seeing Mail Recipient as Adobe PDF. I added the
Adobe upgrade a few months ago; it is possible that the adobe is overriding
my normal icon?
John

Old September 14th 05, 10:00 PM
Ron de Bruin

>it is possible that the adobe is overriding
Have you used it before you did the upgrade

Have you check the win.ini file (number 2 on the webpage)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Old September 14th 05, 10:45 PM
John Wood

What do you mean by (number 2 on the webpage)?

JW

Old September 15th 05, 01:00 AM

Look at Ron's site once more.

Look for:

2)
Controls to send mail in Excel are missing or disabled or when you try to use
the "SendMail" function in a
Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro, you receive the following
error message:
Run-time error '1004': Method 'SendMail' of object '_Workbook' failed.