A Microsoft Excel forum. ExcelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ExcelBanter forum » Excel Newsgroups » Excel Worksheet Functions
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Problems with Match function

Old April 6th 17, 08:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster

Default Problems with Match function

I have used the match function many times for various reasons, but have recently encountered a problem that I cannot get passed. I have a list of values that contains the following values (wire sizes):

1/0
2/0
3/0
4/0

When I first enter the function in one cell and another cell that contains the search value, it works perfect. However, one I change the search value to one containing "/" or that is on the "other side" of the "/" the function returns "#N/A" every time unless I enter one of the "/" values. To clarify, if I start with any of the values 14-1, it works as long as I stay at the top of the list. As soon as I enter anything from 250-1000, it goes to "#N/A". After that, the only time it finds anything is if my search value is 1/0, 2/0, 3/0, or 4/0. I have tried forcing to text format (both the list and the search value) and that doesn't help. Has anyone else seen this or have a suggestion to address this issue?
Ads
Old April 7th 17, 07:32 AM

First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jan 2017

nghe được đấy cái n*y có giao h*ng t*n nơi không nhỉ để em l*m một cái

https://t.co/Lr42DB6xJC