Converting column data to row data macro

Old August 25th 05, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
unknowndevice

Default Converting column data to row data macro

There is a Macro for MS Excel out there that can take data in a column,
and as long as there is an empty cell between the "records" it will
take that column and post the data in row format. See example below.

The context of my problem is that I am scanning-in contact data from a
paper directory. I am using MS Office Document Scanning Add-on which
saves it as text directly to MS Word. Unfortunantly, it outputs to a
column.

I need that data formated for standardized CSV database formats into a
row.
I dont mind pasting this into Excel and adding an empty row in between
column "records" so that when the macro is applied each "6 fields" get
applied to a seperate row.

I know the macro exists, I just cant find in on the web anymore.

The Output I have is this:

Name
Address
City
Zip
Email

Name
Address
City
Zip
Email

I want is this:

Name, Address, City, Zip, Email
Name, Address, City, Zip, Email

Thanks!

--
unknowndevice
unknowndevice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26646

Old August 25th 05, 09:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kraljb[_12_]

You could use the Transpose function in copy-paste, or the arra
function Transpose..

--
kralj
kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=995