Set Saveas Filename from Cell Contents Using VBA

Old September 5th 04, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Celtic_Avenger

Default Set Saveas Filename from Cell Contents Using VBA

Can anyone help me with this one.

I am creating a workbook that creates new workbooks with specific dat
from the original workbook.

I have sorted a maco to open the SaveAs dialog box

I need a way of setting the Initialfilename property to the content o
a cell found within that workbook.

Can this be done.

I truely hope so

Old September 5th 04, 10:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy

fname = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFilename:= _
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B9").Value, _
FileFilter:="Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls")

Activeworkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fName

Tom Ogilvy

"Celtic_Avenger >" > wrote in
message ...