=+SUM

Old February 18th 10, 02:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko

Default =+SUM

You're welcome!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old February 18th 10, 08:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Faraz A. Qureshi

"+" sign is near to numeric pad and that's why often used instead of "="
If you would insert a formula like:
+sum(1,1)
it would automatically convert to:
=+sum(1,1)
--
Thanx & Best Regards,

Faraz!

Old March 11th 17, 04:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thursday, February 18, 2010 at 11:51:01 AM UTC+3, Faraz A. Qureshi wrote:
> "+" sign is near to numeric pad and that's why often used instead of "="
> If you would insert a formula like:
> +sum(1,1)
> it would automatically convert to:
> =+sum(1,1)
> --
> Thanx & Best Regards,
>
> Faraz!
>

> "FJ" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have a question: I was given a spreadsheet to work on and all the SUM
> > formulas have the following format: =+SUM(A1:A10). I have never seen this
> > before. Does the + sign before SUM mean anything and if so, what? It
> > doesn’t seem to make a difference when it is removed. Sorry if this is a
> > really basic question. I have just never seen this before and I am curious.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any information.

thnks ....... ......its a simple answer for that question..... so that we can + instead of =