How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

Old September 3rd 09, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
spudsnruf

Default How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

Hi, trying to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table. eg I have 3 groups which are
for 3 yrs sales, 2007, 2008 and 2009. In the pivot table, they are just named
group 1,2,3. Is it possible to rename them to the date or something or more
useful? Thank you
Old September 3rd 09, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
tpeter

Hello,

If you have access to the core data table that the Pivot Table is building
from all you have to do is change the header name to what you want and then
refreshe your pivot table. It may drop your field out but you can always put
it back in.

Tim

Old September 5th 09, 05:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Hi,

Just click on the word Group1 and type a meaningful name on top of it. The
only names that are not legal are ones that match already existing fields.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Old March 24th 16, 09:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Thursday, 3 September 2009 20:24:02 UTC+4, spudsnruf wrote:
> Hi, trying to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table. eg I have 3 groups which are
> for 3 yrs sales, 2007, 2008 and 2009. In the pivot table, they are just named
> group 1,2,3. Is it possible to rename them to the date or something or more
> useful? Thank you

Select the group name.
Press F2.
Enter a new group name.

USEFUL LINK:
https://support.office.com/en-us/art...0-0cf0b9b880f7
Old August 22nd 16, 06:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

thanks alot
Old January 28th 17, 10:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Shane, your suggestion worked for me.