is it possible for excel to take several cells in random order and

Old January 7th 08, 02:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
confused in Iowa

Default is it possible for excel to take several cells in random order and

im using microsoft excel 2002 and I'm wondering if its possible to take
several lines of data that all have the date in which they were entered in
column A, and arrange them on a separate sheet in the same work book so that
they are all in order by date?
Old January 7th 08, 03:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
M Scott

Select all data you want sorted (even the columns to the right or left that
you want to keep together with that row. Then choose data, then sort. Select
the column you want to sort by.

Good Luck.