How do I make a double strike-through?

Old October 25th 07, 10:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Tafeille

Default How do I make a double strike-through?

I need to make two lines through selected words and text in an Excel
worksheet. I know how to make the single strike-through, but is it possible
to make a double?
Old October 25th 07, 11:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Only in Word AFAIK

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:28:01 -0700, Tafeille

Old October 26th 07, 03:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
slow386

Gord / Tafeille:

I'm using Excel 2003-SP2 on XP-Pro.
If I go to "Customize - Commands - Format", there is a selection for a
Double Strikethrough function button - which I actually use.
HTH
SB

Old October 26th 07, 05:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Are you sure about double strikethrough?

I see double underline, but not double strikethrough.

Old October 26th 07, 05:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

He must have confused the 2

Peo Sjoblom

Old October 26th 07, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gordon

"Dave Peterson" > wrote in message
> Are you sure about double strikethrough?
>
> I see double underline, but not double strikethrough.

Word 2007 has double strikethrough......
Just thought I'd slip that in.. :-)

Old October 26th 07, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

So does previous versions of Word, but Gord already said that

Peo Sjoblom

Old October 27th 07, 12:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Tafeille

I also have Excel 2003, XP Pro w/SP2. I went thru the steps suggested and
you're right, it is an Underscore (or Underline), not a Strike-through.
I didn't think it could be done, but thought I'd find out for sure.

Thank you to each of you.
Tafeille
Old January 17th 08, 02:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Cooz

Hi Tafeille,

What you can do: format the desired text as double strike-through in Word,
and use Paste Special. Paste as either a Microsoft Office Word Document
object or as a Picture.
In both cases you'll have an object that floats over the worksheet cells.
Make sure the cells contain the values you want, position the object over
them, and you're done.

Of course this won't work when the values will change - but perhaps this
suits your needs.

Good luck,

Cooz

Old July 18th 12, 09:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SOLOMON AMANA

IT SEEM MS EXCEL 2007 HAS ONLY SINGLE STRIKE THROUGH