converting continuous data into binary data

Old August 27th 07, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Asa_johannesen

Default converting continuous data into binary data

Hi.

I was wondering is there is any way for me to convert a list of numbers into
another list of numbers giving me a return of either 1 or 0 depending on
whether the original number was above or below a certain limit. Say if my
numbers were from 0 to 9 and I decide to set the limit at 5 I would get a
list of 0s where the original number was below 5 and 1s where the original
was 5 or more.

Thanks
Old August 27th 07, 09:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

=N(A1>=5)

Old August 27th 07, 09:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Asa_johannesen

Thanks for the swift reply

However, that only returns a #NAME? message in the cell (well assuming it's
name in english, it's navn in danish). Am I doing something wrong?

Ta

Old August 27th 07, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

try:

in B1:

=(A1>=5)*1

Old August 27th 07, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

=TAL(A1>=5)

M.v.h.

Peo Sjoblom

Old August 27th 07, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Asa_johannesen

Tak!

mvh Ása

Old August 27th 07, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Asa_johannesen

Thanks, that worked