advanced filter won't allow me to filter on bracketed text (-456.2

Old December 6th 04, 06:59 PM
LucianoG

Default advanced filter won't allow me to filter on bracketed text (-456.2

I'm trying to use the advanced filter feature to filter a spreadsheet that
shows a variance between two numbers. The variance text shows up in red with
brackets and a minus sign. When i've try to use wildcard operators to pick up
the any text with a bracket i.e. (the number) it will not return any records
though I know they are there... I just learned about advance filter in an
excel class but now am frustrated. Am I doing something wrong is there
another way to filter out these records so I can see only the rows/records
that have variances? Thank you for any help provided. Oh yeah, I'm using
Excel 2000

A.G.
Old December 6th 04, 08:38 PM
Frank Kabel

Hi
the brackets are just a format. The underlying values are still simple
negative values. So you have to filter for values <0 to get them

--
Regards
Frank Kabel