list 2 cell values in saveas filename

Old April 21st 17, 03:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sabosis

Default list 2 cell values in saveas filename

Hello

I am trying to use VBA to save a file and want two cell values in the new filename. One is a text value in cell B2, the other is a date in cell B1. I have tried this many ways but cannot get it to work. Below is a modified example that I found on the net:

Sub filesave()
Dim Path As String
Dim Rep As String
Dim RDate As Date
Path = "C:\MyFiles\"
Rep = Range("B2").Value
RDate = Range("B1").Value
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs filename:=Path & Rep & RDate & ".xls", _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, _
Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _
CreateBackup:=False
End Sub

Please let me know what is causing this code to error out.

Thanks

Scott
Old April 21st 17, 08:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_]

> Hello
>
> I am trying to use VBA to save a file and want two cell values in the new
> filename. One is a text value in cell B2, the other is a date in cell B1. I
> have tried this many ways but cannot get it to work. Below is a modified
> example that I found on the net:
>
> Sub filesave()
> Dim Path As String
> Dim Rep As String
> Dim RDate As Date
> Path = "C:\MyFiles\"
> Rep = Range("B2").Value
> RDate = Range("B1").Value
> ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs filename:=Path & Rep & RDate & ".xls", _
> FileFormat:=xlNormal, _
> Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
> ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _
> CreateBackup:=False
> End Sub
>

> Please let me know what is causing this code to error out.
>
> Thanks
>
> Scott

You need to convert the date var to a string so it matches the SaveAs filename
data type! Try this instead...

Const sPath$ = "C:\MyFiles\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs filename:= sPath & Range("B2") & Range("B1") & ".xls"

...as all the other args are default values and so not needed.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc