Copying a worksheet - won't work help please

Old March 30th 17, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copying a worksheet - won't work help please

On Sunday, March 5, 2000 at 11:00:00 AM UTC+3, Ber Visser wrote:
> The easiest way to copy a worksheet is to select its tab and, whilst
> pressing Ctrl and the left mouse button, dragging it to another position.
> You will notice that next to the mousepointer a plus sign appears.
> Ber Visser
> Belgium
> =================.
> "Don Beck" > schreef in bericht
> > Each time I try to copy a worksheet excel basically does nothing. No
> > new copy is created and I get no error message. I tried to unprotect
> > the sheet but it isn't protected in the first place. Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks.

You have saved me quite a heap of turmoil. Thankyou
Old April 18th 17, 06:38 PM
Dave H Dave H is offline
Member

If you have too many cell formats you can no longer copy a sheet. It will not give you an error message just won't let you copy the sheet. The issue is not from too many formats but from corrupt styles. There are fixes for the too many cell formats on the web. The easy way to see if this is the problem is on your home tab of your ribbon in the style section there is a drop down. When you select the drop down you see many styles that have very funky names then you have this problem. This typically occurs when you copy from other workbooks into your workbook.