Looking for BOOLEAN ALGEBRA functions (specifically XOR)

Old July 22nd 09, 08:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein

Default Looking for BOOLEAN ALGEBRA functions (specifically XOR)

I wasn't saying to not use Harlan's formula... just noting his is returning
a number whereas the other posted formula returned TRUE/FALSE. If you used
in an expression, that difference wouldn't matter; but since all submissions
were shown as stand-alone formulas, I just figured I would note the
difference in what each returned. Besides, I wanted to give an opening to
Harlan to post back...

=MOD(A1+B1,2)=1

I think he likes being able to do that, so I thought I would be nice to him
and leave the door open for him to do that.<g> Of course, now that I took
that opportunity away from him in my response to you, I'll have to give him
a different opening for a response to this thread. Let me see... I know... I
do wonder which is the more efficient construction... Harlan's formula which
uses a MOD function call, mine which uses two NOT function calls or Mike's
which uses two logical comparisons.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

Old March 23rd 17, 11:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 11:01:01 AM UTC-7, RL Jones wrote:
> I am looking for BOOLEAN Algebra Functions. Can't find any help in EXCEL.
> While I can work around the OR, AND, and NOT, I need XOR.

All you have to do is
=not(a1 = a2)