words in cell keep repeating

Old July 23rd 09, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hyde Park

Default words in cell keep repeating

In a worksheet that has been created and that we used repeatedly in our
business, one cell keeps repeating the name we are placing in it. Such as we
type the name Wolf, J and when you hit enter the cell contains Wolf, J Wolf,
J Wolf, J there is no formatting for this cell and I have deleted
everything in it and try again and it still happens
Old July 23rd 09, 04:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John[_22_]

Hi
Are you importing information from the internet ?, I'm getting the same thing
but only from my bank account import,
I did ask the same question few months ago but never got a reply.
Hoping someone has a answer.
Regards
John

Old July 23rd 09, 05:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson

Probably a Fill format.

Format -> Format Cells... | Alignment (tab)| Horizontal (drop down)

As a guess this is set to Fill which repeats the text in the cell. Change it
to Indent Left.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

Old July 23rd 09, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John[_22_]

Hi Jim
"You're the man", it solved my problem, hope it's the same for Hyde Park
Many thanks....
Regards
John

Old November 17th 14, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:13:01 PM UTC-4, Jim Thomlinson wrote:
> Probably a Fill format.
>
> Format -> Format Cells... | Alignment (tab)| Horizontal (drop down)
>
> As a guess this is set to Fill which repeats the text in the cell. Change it
> to Indent Left.
> --
> HTH...
>
> Jim Thomlinson
>

> "Hyde Park" wrote:
>
> > In a worksheet that has been created and that we used repeatedly in our
> > business, one cell keeps repeating the name we are placing in it. Such as we
> > type the name Wolf, J and when you hit enter the cell contains Wolf, J Wolf,
> > J Wolf, J there is no formatting for this cell and I have deleted
> > everything in it and try again and it still happens

Thank you!!! This fix just saved my file.
Old November 2nd 16, 06:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 9:43:01 PM UTC+5:30, Jim Thomlinson wrote:
> Probably a Fill format.
>
> Format -> Format Cells... | Alignment (tab)| Horizontal (drop down)
>
> As a guess this is set to Fill which repeats the text in the cell. Change it
> to Indent Left.
> --
> HTH...
>
> Jim Thomlinson
>

> "Hyde Park" wrote:
>
> > In a worksheet that has been created and that we used repeatedly in our
> > business, one cell keeps repeating the name we are placing in it. Such as we
> > type the name Wolf, J and when you hit enter the cell contains Wolf, J Wolf,
> > J Wolf, J there is no formatting for this cell and I have deleted
> > everything in it and try again and it still happens

thanks man you saved my day (internship)
Old March 7th 17, 08:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 11:13:01 AM UTC-5, Jim Thomlinson wrote:
> Probably a Fill format.
>
> Format -> Format Cells... | Alignment (tab)| Horizontal (drop down)
>
> As a guess this is set to Fill which repeats the text in the cell. Change it
> to Indent Left.
> --
> HTH...
>
> Jim Thomlinson
>

> "Hyde Park" wrote:
>
> > In a worksheet that has been created and that we used repeatedly in our
> > business, one cell keeps repeating the name we are placing in it. Such as we
> > type the name Wolf, J and when you hit enter the cell contains Wolf, J Wolf,
> > J Wolf, J there is no formatting for this cell and I have deleted
> > everything in it and try again and it still happens

You are the bomb.com
Old March 21st 17, 06:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Jim, this solution worked.