A Microsoft Excel forum. ExcelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ExcelBanter forum » Excel Newsgroups » Excel Worksheet Functions
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Sum Product Matrix

Old March 13th 17, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phycodes
external usenet poster

Default Sum Product Matrix

Hi all,

Trying to get a formula to return the following:

Column A: Title
Column B: Salary 1
Column C: Salary 2
Column D: Salary 3
Column E: Salary 4

Based of of this matrix if Employee n's salary falls in between one of the 4 criteria, then I would like the higher value returned

Example:

A: Manager
B: 1000
C: 5000
D: 10000
E: 15000

My lookup index: Title - Manager / Salary - 8000.

I want this to give me the value in column D. If the salary was increased to 11,000 then column E.

So far I am stuck at:

=sumproduct(--('TitleInput'=$A:$A),--($B:$B<'SalaryInput'),--($C:$C<'SalaryInput'),--($D:$D<'SalaryInput'),($E:$E))

Where I only get a returned value if the Salary input is larger than D and Smaller than E. If I make the value D or smaller I get 0.

Thanks!
Ads
Old March 14th 17, 01:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phycodes
external usenet poster

Default Sum Product Matrix

I have also tried:

{=INDEX($A:$E,MATCH(1,(A:A=K9)*(IF('SalaryInput'>D 2,E2,IF('SalaryInput'>C2,D2,IF('SalaryInput'>B2,C2 ,B2)))),0),4)}

but get an #N/A error