Using text values in Pivot Tables

Old March 7th 17, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using text values in Pivot Tables

Not what I wanted to hear either, but if someone has a new solution to this.. I'd like something that would simply put my text into a list, either each item on a different line or comma separated.

My reasoning is that my church uses a schedule software that while it's great for the tech savvy, the print versions of schedules are lacking, with each person on their own line with fields for date, time, and service, and position they hold, I'd like to aggregate this data so that all people service on one day would be in there own box, and do this all in a way that a non-tech-savvy person could do each month. I thought pivot tables would be easy enough.