Removing #N/A from formula results

Old January 18th 08, 01:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Holly

Default Removing #N/A from formula results

Hi All,

Is there a way to remove #N/A as a result from a formula, for example to
return a blank or zero result instead?
--
Cheers,
Holly
Old January 18th 08, 01:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Wrap your formula in an IF statement.....

=IF(ISNA(YourFormula),"",YourFormula)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Old January 18th 08, 01:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

Something along these lines:

=IF(ISNA(your_formula),"",your_formula)

This returns a blank instead of #N/A - change the "" to 0 if you
prefer a zero.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Old January 18th 08, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Holly

My Formula is a v lookup as follows:

=VLOOKUP(D223,Cashflow!P:R,3,FALSE)
--
Cheers,
Holly

Old January 18th 08, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

Then change it to this:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D223,Cashflow!P:R,3,FALSE)),"",VL OOKUP(D223,Cashflow!
P:R,3,FALSE))

Hope this helps.

Pete

Old September 6th 12, 11:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:15:01 PM UTC-5, Holly wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way to remove #N/A as a result from a formula, for example to
> return a blank or zero result instead?
> --
> Cheers,
> Holly

Awesome!! Big help!! Thank you very much!!
Old September 6th 12, 11:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Old March 4th 17, 04:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi, what if my formula a

=VLOOKUP(E4,'Hidden Local Database'!$L$1:M$5000,2,FALSE)

=C4*G4

=sum(I4:I300)

Can you write me a formula returning 0 instead of #N/A. Thanks alot.
Old March 4th 17, 01:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_11_]

If you have XL2007 or later, you could just wrap your formula in IFERROR()

=IFERROR(your formula,0)