Shaded cells won't print shaded

Old December 14th 04, 10:09 PM
Linda C

Default Shaded cells won't print shaded

On screen cells are shaded, but on print preview and printing, they are not.
Somone else created this spreadsheet, so I dont' know what she did to it.
Without having to recreate in a new spreadsheet, how can I fix this?
Old December 14th 04, 10:35 PM
Ken Wright

Does it have macros? Maybe a Before_Print routine that gets rid of formatting
before printing, and then puts them back? If you open the file and disable any
macros, does this still happen?

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Linda C" <Linda > wrote in message
> On screen cells are shaded, but on print preview and printing, they are not.
> Somone else created this spreadsheet, so I dont' know what she did to it.
> Without having to recreate in a new spreadsheet, how can I fix this?

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old December 14th 04, 10:42 PM
Debra Dalgleish

If the worksheet is set to print in black and white, the shading won't
print. To change the setting:

Choose File>Page Setup
Select the Sheet tab
Remove the check mark from 'Black and White', click OK

Linda C wrote:
> On screen cells are shaded, but on print preview and printing, they are not.
> Somone else created this spreadsheet, so I dont' know what she did to it.
> Without having to recreate in a new spreadsheet, how can I fix this?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Old February 19th 17, 11:41 PM
Leigh-Anne Leigh-Anne is offline
Junior Member

In Excel 2013 please go to PAGE LAYOUT.
A Page Setup box will pop up. Click on SHEET tab.
Uncheck the BLACK AND WHITE in the PRINT area.
Hope that helps anybody else with same issue.